Yayasan melaka tinder dating site

In 1960, the government of the two indicated that the two divisions of the University of Malaya should become autonomous separate national universities, one located in Singapore (later becoming the National University of Singapore) and the other in Kuala Lumpur (retaining the name University of Malaya).

Legislation was passed in 1961 and the University of Malaya was established on 1 January 1962.

However, such view was not in favour among the European community.

In 1921, the school was elevated in status to college.

Between 19, the college went through a series of transformations, by replacing the old teaching staff with a younger generation of professionals and also nine new Chairs were created, the first in Anatomy in 1920, followed by Medicine, Surgery, and Midwifery & Gynaecology in 1922 and Clinical Surgery, Bacteriology, Biology, Bio-Chemistry, and Dental Surgery in 1926.

It was completed in November 1925 and officially opened by Sir Laurence Guillemard in February 1926.

During the opening ceremony, the College conferred Honorary Diplomas on Sir David James Galloway, Dr Malcolm Watson and Dr Lim Boon Keng. Allen the new principal took the helm, succeeding his predecessor Dr Mac Alister.

In 1916, the GCME recognised the Licentiate of Medicine and Surgery Diploma offered by the school.

The licentiates were placed on the General Council’s Colonial List of the British Medical Register and were entitled to practise anywhere within the British Empire.

University Malaya was established on 1949 October in Singapore with the merger of the King Edward VII College of Medicine and Raffles College (founded 1929).

The growth of the University was very rapid during the first decade of its foundation and this resulted in the setting up of two autonomous Divisions on 15 January 1959, one located in Singapore and the other in Kuala Lumpur.

Five years later, the enrolments increased to 90 medical students and 30 trainee hospital assistants.

The school had only one permanent staff which was the Principal, the teaching staff were employed on a part-time basis.

The Principal was Dr Gerald Dudley Freer, who previously served as Senior Colonial Surgeon Resident of Penang.

Tags: , ,